Why are the Italians still so bad at football?
- by admin
The most striking aspect of Italy’s 2-0 loss to Germany at the World Cup was the absence of the usual flair.
The most notable was the fact that the team lacked any sort of attacking flair, although the midfield was clearly well-coached.
The team did well in the early part of the match, but then went into the second half looking like a squad that lacked any kind of creative flair.
That’s because the team was not as technically gifted as the Italians might have liked to have been.
The team that scored most of their goals in the first half was not the one that produced the most goals either.
Italy were a team that were in need of some sort of creative brilliance, but the midfielders simply did not have the flair to get forward.
It is a shame that it was the lack of creativity that led to Italy’s poor showing in the World CUP, but it is also not a surprise given the problems that the Italian team has had in recent years.
The first-half was a good example of why Italy should be given a chance to make a major change in the style of play that they have been operating.
The second half was a reminder of why this team was so bad in the past.
It was also a reminder that, for all their attacking flair and great passing, the Italian midfield is not really up to the task.
The most striking aspect of Italy’s 2-0 loss to Germany at the World Cup was the absence of the usual…
- New York Times headline: ‘No one is going to stop me’: New York City mayor discusses immigration
- How to get the most out of a mobile phone app
- Walgreens’s new line of sunscreen with antibacterial ingredients is great news
- How to be a successful ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ star: The secrets to getting the perfect dress
- How to Prevent Suicide: How to Stop the Murder of Your Child