What’s happening in boxing after the announcement of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor
- by admin
Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor, and Andre Berto have each signed a six-fight deal to headline the first two Floyd Mayweather Jr. fights of the summer at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
The UFC, which announced the Mayweather/McGregor bout in May, also announced the signing of former lightweight champion Anthony Pettis.
The UFC has been looking for fighters to headline its fights, and it appears Mayweather and McGregor are the best-positioned to fill that need.
In addition to the UFC, Mayweather has signed with Spike TV for a fight with WBA champion Gennady Golovkin on June 7, while McGregor is scheduled to fight on HBO’s Pay-Per-View in the U.S. on July 13.
A new card for the Mayweather-McGregors card has not been announced.
Mayweather’s next fight, a fight against Saul Alvarez on June 15 in Las Vegas, is set to take place at the MGM Grand on July 5.
Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor, and Andre Berto have each signed a six-fight deal to headline the first two Floyd Mayweather…
- New York Times headline: ‘No one is going to stop me’: New York City mayor discusses immigration
- How to get the most out of a mobile phone app
- Walgreens’s new line of sunscreen with antibacterial ingredients is great news
- How to be a successful ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ star: The secrets to getting the perfect dress
- How to Prevent Suicide: How to Stop the Murder of Your Child