India will be without all three of its top wickets at the World T20 final
- by admin
India will have to rely on its own bowling skills to win the World Twenty20 title in Brisbane, where it will face the hosts of the third and final Test, Australia, in Brisbane on Sunday.
The Indian squad, which includes the world number one ODI opener Shikhar Dhawan, will be missing the five-day squad, with the squad not being available for selection for the fourth Test, which starts at 9pm local time (17:00 GMT).
The loss of the five wickets in the final Test means India will miss out on the chance to secure a place at the semi-finals of the World Cup.
“The bowlers are not in the best shape.
The squad is very weak,” said a senior Indian official, who did not wish to be named.”
It is a very hard task for them.
The guys are mentally tough.
If they lose the three wickets, it will be a real challenge.”
Australia has won the tournament for the first time since 2011, but lost all three Tests in the last six months.
Australia is also missing the captain Michael Clarke, who was suspended by the Australian Cricket Board (ACA) for two years following an alleged racially motivated attack on Australian Test opener Jason Gillespie in the wake of Australia’s World Cup quarter-final defeat in India.
India will have to rely on its own bowling skills to win the World Twenty20 title in Brisbane, where it…
- New York Times headline: ‘No one is going to stop me’: New York City mayor discusses immigration
- How to get the most out of a mobile phone app
- Walgreens’s new line of sunscreen with antibacterial ingredients is great news
- How to be a successful ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ star: The secrets to getting the perfect dress
- How to Prevent Suicide: How to Stop the Murder of Your Child